Java Web Development
- JSP and other Java-based HTML-generated Web applications
- Java integrated with CSS and XML for flexible data-driven UI
- Java-based AJAX UI
- Software as a Service (SaaS) community and subscription sites developed entirely in Java
- Including entire applications residing on client computers (PC, LINUX, and Mac).
- With UI in Struts and other Java UI building tools.
Server Side Development and Back-End integration
- Three-tier and n-tier application design and deployment. Major development platforms including J2EE and EJB
- Native integration with Oracle, MS-SQL, PostgreSQL, and MySQL
- JDBC database integration
- Integration with third-party environments and servers, in particular Vignette, OpenText, Documentum, Sharepoint, Fast Search, WebSphere, WebLogic
- Using development and QA tools and environments such as Rational Clear Case, Rational Clear Quest, Maven, Bugzilla
- Services Oriented Architecture (SOA) and Web Services, including JAXRPC, Axis 1/2/3, SOAP
Integration with Application servers, including Tomcat and JBoss
Other skills and capabilities
How do we do it?
Our Java development team consists of more than 100 Java software architects, senior developers and developers. 70% have a Masters Degree or equivalent in computer science. Many have advanced degrees including Ph D’s in related areas such as math and physics. And our low turnover rate ensures these top-notch individuals are with our software development team year after year.
Plus, they’re backed up by a hundred QA engineers well-versed in manual and automated testing. All our people collaborate and become personally invested in the projects they work on – people with a “throw it over the wall” mentality simply don’t work at ADDEX.
ADDEX’s Java Developers:
- Go through intensive technical interviews and a three-month trial period before being officially hired.
- Receive formal Agile methodology training and continual improvement exercises.
- Have diverse backgrounds, but have one thing in common, they are great thinkers and problem solvers.
- Integrate with client teams as much as or as little as is appropriate – the client always retains all IP.
Our Recent Java Development Projects
Professional networking site
Several hundred thousand members share information about their careers, review vendor briefings and receive professional development and education-related information.
Hospital environment monitoring intranet application
Solution wirelessly integrating environment-monitoring devices to ensure compliance and safety. To achieve timely response to warning signs the system escalates the alerts by dialing phone numbers of the personnel on duty and sending text messages if alert screens and alert emails do not result in prompt action.
Multi-vendor repository integration
Integrates repositories from multiple platforms – Documentum, Sharepoint and Vignette – and ensures integrity and consistency of information. Verification and update modules are Java-based.